MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Game Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Goody2Shoes Wrote:UPDATE:

xtreme thank you

i think we're closer

However now I have this error when I click on settings in the admin panel:

Quote:MySQL error: 1060
Duplicate column name 'canviewgames'
Query: ALTER TABLE mybb_usergroups ADD canviewgames VARCHAR(3) NOT NULL, ADD canplaygames VARCHAR(3) NOT NULL;

I"ll go looking in mysql and see what I can do but i"M not versed and am afraid to do more damage than good.

If I go directly to the game link I get the "you don't have permission to access this area" message.

Getting closer Smile

Clicking on "activate" in admin cp yields this:

Quote:MySQL error: 1050
Table 'mybb_games' already exists
Query: CREATE TABLE mybb_games ( gid INT(10) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, cid INT(2) NOT NULL, title VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL, name VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL, description TEXT NOT NULL, what TEXT NOT NULL, use_keys TEXT NOT NULL, played INT(15) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, bgcolor VARCHAR(6) DEFAULT '000000' NOT NULL, active VARCHAR(3) DEFAULT 'yes' NOT NULL, width VARCHAR(4) DEFAULT '500' NOT NULL, height VARCHAR(4) DEFAULT '500' NOT NULL, dateline BIGINT(30) NOT NULL, score_type VARCHAR(5) DEFAULT 'DESC' NOT NULL, rating INT(1) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (gid) );

The first error is saying there is a duplicate column/table of "canviewgames"

Go into phpmyadmin and see how many instances of "canviewgames" there are and delete any duplicate instances.

I'm a n00b with MySQL errors, even though I solved this problem myself I am unsure on what to do other than what I already posted.
Ajax quick reply, Game Section and Myplaza are amazing, my Board cant live without them and I hope the authors keep updating them to mybb 1.4
What's wrong with the game section website, it seems to be down and has been that way for a while now?
It's up now, I didn't know that is was down, it were exams, and so I was around 14 days offline.
http://www.gamesection.org is still down for me, but maybe you are working on it or something though.
No, I'm not working on it. Maybe there are problems with the servers. I've seen it's sometimes slow, indeed.
Could you this plugin MyBB 1.4 compatible perhaps?
(2008-07-23, 11:49 AM)Sebastian1990 Wrote: [ -> ]Could you this plugin MyBB 1.4 compatible perhaps?

http://community.gamesection.org/showthr...87#pid3287

ethernet Wrote:hi i would like to test this because i just installed mybb 1.4 on my forum and its plain without this mod so i like to test it

also is this built for mybb 1.4
[post=257=3183]

Paretje Wrote:Yes, this version will be MyBB 1.4 only.
[post=257=3186]

Good to know this, thanks Paretje Smile

if I have myBB 1.4.1 must I change the laces in global.php?
otherwise, I click on activate but it tells me:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

myBB Wrote:SQL Error:
1050 - Table 'mybb_games' already exists
Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_games ( gid INT(10) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, cid INT(2) NOT NULL, title VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL, name VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL, description TEXT NOT NULL, what TEXT NOT NULL, use_keys TEXT NOT NULL, played INT(15) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, bgcolor VARCHAR(6) DEFAULT '000000' NOT NULL, active VARCHAR(3) DEFAULT 'yes' NOT NULL, width VARCHAR(4) DEFAULT '500' NOT NULL, height VARCHAR(4) DEFAULT '500' NOT NULL, dateline BIGINT(30) NOT NULL, score_type VARCHAR(5) DEFAULT 'DESC' NOT NULL, rating INT(1) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (gid) );
Did you inport the Game Section in your MyBB 1.4.1 installation?

It doesn't work like you updated it, you have to separate it in activate and install.

But I'll try to release a release soon, but I don't have much time at the moment...

Game Section 1.1.10.0
Hi,

Because MyBB 1.4 is now released for 21 days, I'm releasing now an EXPERIMENTAL version of the Game Section, compatible with MyBB 1.4.

I RECOMMEND you to DON'T use this version when you can wait longer to upgrade.

This version hasn't a AdminCP, so it only delivers the frontend. Even adding a game isn't delivered as a default feature of this version. This is only meant for users who really want/need to upgrade as soon as possible to MyBB 1.4.

Earlier, I said I hope to release Game Section 1.2 around October. It's possible I've already said to release it earlier, but this month, there isn't changed much to the development, because I have/had a job.

This version will IMMEDIATELY lose his support when Game Section 1.2 is released, and I don't think that I have to say why.

Further, I have to say that Game Section 1.1.9 stays the stable release, aslong Game Section 1.2 isn't released.

Changes since Game Section 1.1.9
- Compatibility

Download
New Game Section install: Download
Upgrade from 1.1.9: Download

For more information about the Game Section, click here.