MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Game Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you downloaded the upgrade files from the mods website, delete them and go to the official game section community.

It seems the link on the Mybb mods website for the upgrade files don't actually give you the upgrade files, but the full version which causes the problem since it is not actually the upgrade, it is the wrong files.

So here's what you do, edit you Mybb database and delete all tables associated with the Game Section after of couse deactivating the plugin again.

Then you re-upload your Game Section database backup via PHPMyAdmin.

Then you go here and download the proper upgrade files and upload them to their proper directories on your web server:

http://community.gamesection.org/showthread.php?tid=488

Then run fix.php by going to http://yourwebsiteaddress/fix.php

Then your game section should be working without an issue, just set the permissions in the ACP under Users ---> Groups.
Mine one has started working, but since I don't know how to make a Top link so it's not easily accessible. Can someone assist me for it?
Now I get this error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1060 - Duplicate column name 'gamesession'
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_sessions ADD gamesession TEXT NOT NULL;

(2008-09-05, 07:49 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]If you downloaded the upgrade files from the mods website, delete them and go to the official game section community.

It seems the link on the Mybb mods website for the upgrade files don't actually give you the upgrade files, but the full version which causes the problem since it is not actually the upgrade, it is the wrong files.

So here's what you do, edit you Mybb database and delete all tables associated with the Game Section after of couse deactivating the plugin again.

Then you re-upload your Game Section database backup via PHPMyAdmin.

Then you go here and download the proper upgrade files and upload them to their proper directories on your web server:

http://community.gamesection.org/showthread.php?tid=488

Then run fix.php by going to http://yourwebsiteaddress/fix.php

Then your game section should be working without an issue, just set the permissions in the ACP under Users ---> Groups.

I dont think that is it. Everything has been fine for days. I had 30 games there that were fully playable. THis morning everything blew up.
I forgot to mention you must delete the column "gamesession" located in the table mybb_sessions after the upgrade went wrong. Use PHPMyAdmin for this.

Delete the "gamesession" column as well as the game section tables again, re-upload the game section backup (Again) then run the fix.php file.

After doing that and adjusting permissions the game section should be able to be accessed normally and able to play games.

You might want to add a link at the top in the header template so members can easily access the game section.
(2008-09-05, 09:12 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot to mention you must delete the column "gamesession" located in the table mybb_sessions after the upgrade went wrong. Use PHPMyAdmin for this.

Delete the "gamesession" column as well as the game section tables again, re-upload the game section backup (Again) then run the fix.php file.

After doing that and adjusting permissions the game section should be able to be accessed normally and able to play games.

You might want to add a link at the top in the header template so members can easily access the game section.

There is already a "game link" there. When I got into my PHP admin earlier, I deleted mybb_sessions and it took me an hour to fix that. You keep referring to the upgrade going wrong. I didnt upgrade anything. It has been fine for a week. Today, it blew up. I dont know what did it. Also, where I am going to get a gamesection back up?? This is probably just to complicated for me.
I manually created a link to /games.php and it's working well.
First of all were you trying to upgrade the game section for Mybb 1.4 or did you try in the past?

Second I wasn't saying to delete mybb_sessions, if you did that then you did it wrong.

There's a column located in mybb_sessions called "gamesessions, you must click on the mybb_sessions table, then click browse. You should see a column called "gamesessions" as mentioned.

Once you find it, drop the column "gamesessions" from the database, then drop any tables associated with the game section.

After that is done, you run the fix.php file.

I just thought you were referring to upgrading the game section for Mybb 1.4 and I had a similar problem.

A new install of the game section should work flawlessly after you upload the files an activate, so I didn't believe this would be an issue that would occur with a new install.
Ok I am there, but I just noticed when I fixed it before, I obviously didnt fix mybb_sessions correctly because below gamesessions it say NO INDEX DEFINED
SONOIS)(FDI!!!!!!!!!!!! It did it again!!!!!!!!!!! I checked GAMESESSIONS, it asked if I wanted to drop the colum GAMESESSIONS, I clicked YES and it said MYBB_SESSIONS HAS BEEN DROPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $**$ me
NOW, OF COURSE , I cant even get into the website at all . ugnjh
Then you must not be dropping "gamesessions" properly or there is an issue with your host.

I did this without any trouble whatsoever and managed to get the game section up and running so there is something else wrong here.
I'm sorry I didn't answer on your questions, but in the first school week, I hadn't much free-time. But I see they are all solved now?