MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gather Installation Statisicts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

Not sure how to put this one TBH... quite hard to explain.

I am looking to allow users to submit anonymous installation statistics back to us when our (Mine and Polarbears) software is installed.
Basically, I am hoping to include things such as
* PHP Version
* MySQL Version
etc be reported back to us with the users consent.

Does anyone know of a system that would allow us to do that… like a Google Analytics for software if that analogy helps.

Thanks,
I don't know of any off the shelf software, but it should be relatively easy to build a basic system if you only want to capture basic stats.
Why not use MyBB's system? Smile
(2013-04-20, 09:14 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Why not use MyBB's system? Smile
I'll look into how MyBB handles this thanks.

(2013-04-20, 09:05 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know of any off the shelf software, but it should be relatively easy to build a basic system if you only want to capture basic stats.
I was hoping for an off the shelf software, but if there isn't... coding one should be relatively easy I suppose. Thanks,
On your server, create an API that writes to a database, then in your software just do something like this:

<?php
$to_send = json_encode(array(
	'versions' => array(
		'php' => PHP_VERSION,
		'mysql' => `mysql -V`
	)
));

some_post_request_function('http://api.yourproduct.com/install-stats', $to_send);

There is no prewritten software that does this, to my knowledge.