MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Social Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After seeing brad-t's "The MyBB Humanization Project", I've felt very inspired to do a project of my own. Here I would like to build a website for roller coaster enthusiasts around the world that has a "Social network" appeal entirely using MyBB. I've already started on the mockup using Photoshop. (Note: Nothing has been made "Official" just yet, everything you'll see here is created using Adobe Photoshop)

As I've said, I've started on my mockup. Here's what little bit I have so far:
[Image: QnOlnkn.png]

I won't be able to pull off this project without some help from you guys because I am pretty new to MyBB. Please if you guys can provide feedback and ideas I'd love to work with you so I can get the best possible result from this project.
What are we supposed to be commenting on..? They grey image with 50px of content?
^ my thoughts
Nice header though and good luck to you. Smile
Sorry if I made that hard to understand. Right now I'm trying to come up with ideas and I'm planning out how this is going to work. So far I have a handful of plugins I'm going to incorporate into this project.

Here are some that I'm for sure going to need:
- MyAlearts
- Profile Comments
- Last Poster Avatar on Forumlist and Threadlist

Like I said, I want to create a social network "feel" while still using forums.
Does that not make sense to anyone? Rolleyes

Edit: I will be filling that empty space once I come up with homepage ideas that I know are possible. Think of it as my "canvas".
Also take a look at MyNetwork and AdvancedSidebox Smile

Edit: ohhh and Quovatar, it adds a avatar next to the quote - makes quotes pretty and intuitive. Smile
(2013-04-21, 05:01 AM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]Also take a look at MyNetwork

I've tried looking into MyNetwork, but I can't find any screenshots or the official website for that matter. Can you provide a link? Thank you for the suggestions by the way.
Seems like you started this thread a bit too soon ...
MyNetwork is at http://resources.xekko.co.uk
(2013-04-21, 05:05 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like you started this thread a bit too soon ...

I was worried someone would say that. No worries though, I plan on posting updates of my mockups rather then just jumping into building the site. I'd like to take the "pre-planned" approach.

Edit: I might even be willing to pay someone to help build the website for me if anyone is interested in getting involved? Smile

Just a little update of what I've gotten so far(as far as the mockup goes)
http://i.imgur.com/rMWSFpC.png

I had a few questions for you guys though, things that I'm not sure are possible or not.

Is it possible...
- to make a page that shows a list of all of the latest threads?
- to display a registration form or the registration page as the homepage, but then make a page with all of the recent threads the homepage when users are logged in?

Hopefully you guys can see where I'm trying to go with this. I also was thinking of making the logo at the top bring users to the forum index once clicked. I'm still planning how all of this this is going to work. Again, any ideas and/ or suggestions are appreciated. Big Grin

Edit: Updated my mockup.
Well, by default you can view "New Posts" and "Today's Posts".
I'm not sure about the second question, can't think of a way without a custom plugin.
Pages: 1 2 3