MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugins and new themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I install a new theme, none of the mods and plugins show up. Do I have to deactivate everything and reactivate it? Or is there a simpler way?
Yea you have to deactivate everything or manually insert the variables that some plugins insert into your templates.
Thanks, on IPB if I would install a new theme, the plugins would automatically install themselves onto my new themes.

Anyway, I was not wanting to do that because I did some modifications to my plugin templates and deactivation/reactivation resets the templates... But then I remembered I can export my existing theme and reupload it, so no biggie! Big Grin
Save your edits, then deactivate and reactivate them and all will be sweet Smile
(2013-04-22, 07:49 AM)theezy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, on IPB if I would install a new theme, the plugins would automatically install themselves onto my new themes.

Anyway, I was not wanting to do that because I did some modifications to my plugin templates and deactivation/reactivation resets the templates... But then I remembered I can export my existing theme and reupload it, so no biggie! Big Grin

the deactivation only removes template edits the plugin makes, if you have altered these the plugin won't regonise the edits and there for shouldn't remove them.
Everytime you install a new theme, you've to deactivate and reactive the mods to make them work with the theme. But certain plugins don't have the need to.
I got it all sorted no problem. I'll probably just have the one light based and one dark based theme because having multiple themes creates more work. *faints*