MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom API Login !!! Please Read!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

So, i've just installed a custom way to login. It uses Steam's API.

It lets you login via steam, and as you login, you are already registered as a member.

It works perfectly, but im having small issues.

When i post something, while im logged in via Steam, i wont be able to see any avatars.

If i post a topic with via steam login, and after then log out, i will be able to see the avatars.

It's only when im logged in via steam, i wont be able to see avatars HuhHuh

If i log in with a normal mybb registered account, then everything is fine.

URL for PLUGIN:

https://github.com/stewartiee/Steam-OpenID--MyBB-

URL for my website:

https://www.team-disorder.dk

I hope i will be able to find a answer soon Toungue

The attachment with a profile avatar displayed, is when im not logged in via steam.

The other picture where the avatar is gone, is when im logged in via steam
I don't know the actual solution to your problem, but I had a quick look into your plugin and I'd advise you to change the way you're inserting your users into the database. Why don't you use the UserDataHandler class to validate and register the users? It would be far more accurate and automatic rather than generating all the needed md5+salt+loginkey.
Thanks for your reply.

I dont know such stuff about that, but i will give it a go, if i knew how x)

If it would help, can u help me?
Sure thing: I have no time to help you step by step but I'd advise you to have a look at this function for example, in which I register an user through Facebook. Just include the core inc/datahandlers/user.php file, instantiate a new UserDataHandler Class object and let the handler do all the hard work as the MyBB Team says in the core registration function Big Grin
Thanks for your help again Big Grin

Im not quite sure what to do with the code x)
Just see what I did there. I can't help you furthermore at the moment, unfortunately.