MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to send an email to a user through the Admin panel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to send an email to a user through the Admin panel?

Or is there a plugin that adds this functionality?

Thanks!
Mass Mail at Users & Groups can be used to send e-mail to a specific user, specific groups etc.
selection of user / users available at the second step. or you can also send email from member profile
I have looked in Mass Mail at Users & Groups and do not see a field to enter a user's email address. Maybe I'm missing it. Can you please share the steps to do this or link me to directions?

I have also looked in the member's profile. There is a link to send a private message, but I see no such link to send an email. If you could either step me through this or link me to more info I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your help.
email member option should be available at member profile. may be that option is removed from
this community or MyBB 1.6.10 (yet to check it). see this image of member profile in 1.6.9

see also step 3 image of massmail
you can enter user name at Username contains... and select member's group at Members of the following groups...
Thanks for the scree shots!

I'm using 1.6.9 still.

Because of your screen shot I see now how to do it in mass mailing. I just needed to go to the next step.

I don't have the send email option on the member profile though:

[Image: screenshot423201392508a.jpg]

Thanks!
IIRC, receiving emails through member profile should be an option for the members (in privacy Messaging and Notification options)

member profile template consists of {$sendemail} like below

<td class="trow1">{$website}</td>
</tr>
{$sendemail}
<tr>
<td class="{$bgcolors['pm']}"><strong>{$lang->pm}</strong></td>
Ah! This person has, "Receive emails from administrators" unchecked.

Thanks!
replies at below link might help
http://community.mybb.com/thread-105634.html (force users to accept admin mail messages)