MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a plugin to stop reported posts being deleted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Title.

I need my reports to not get deleted. If a user reports a post and a moderater deletes the post it removes the report from their profile. It's a shame because I want reported posts counted as I have an award for reporting 'x' amount of posts.

Any ideas/plugins?
Bump, need this badly, thanks.
I don't follow. If you don't want the reports to be deleted...don't delete them? I'm not quite sure what you want..
(2013-04-24, 08:59 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't follow. If you don't want the reports to be deleted...don't delete them? I'm not quite sure what you want..

Like, if a post is saying 'eggplant you noob' for example and somebody reports it and a moderate deletes the post, the report gets removed from their report count on their profile (I'm using a plugin to count reps as I have an award for users who report 'x' amount of posts).
Instead, why not just view the report and go to the thread and move it to a junk forum? then it will still stay there, but you'll still have the reports.
...or unapprove posts instead of deleting, like we do here. Smile
^ Such a great idea.
(2013-04-25, 04:38 PM)Alan S. Wrote: [ -> ]...or unapprove posts instead of deleting, like we do here. Smile

That keeps their/forum post count but hides the post?

BTW, this thread has almost 70k views in a day.. what the hell lol.
Well, you can always do it the old fashioned way and implement a policy that all reports have to be filed by posting the report in a thread in a certain format in a staff section or by PM'ing it to you or another Admin.

For Example
EXAMPLE:
Make them post a thread with this format

Reporter: Lukear9
Report: Saying inappropriate language.
Thread: [Make them Link the thread here]
Action Taken: Edited inappropriate content

This way you have a record of what's going on. Wink
Yes there is a plugin, it's called undo delete and it works like a charm! It catches all my mistakes as well as any mistake a mod might make.

edit:
I don't have a link but I got it here on MyBB in the mods section.

and:
(2013-04-26, 04:44 AM)Wonders Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-25, 04:38 PM)Alan S. Wrote: [ -> ]...or unapprove posts instead of deleting, like we do here. Smile

That keeps their/forum post count but hides the post?

BTW, this thread has almost 70k views in a day.. what the hell lol.
Yes for some reason bots are used for thread counts here sometimes... maybe the person who initiated his/her bot frenzy entered the wrong thread number.. I stopped accusing the OPs of these threads on using bots because they always deny it and a lot of them are probably telling the truth.. it's weird I know lol.