MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The URL you entered for your avatar does not appear to be valid?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

When ever I try to upload an avatar it gives me this error message:

[Image: 2FCRr.png]
disable all plugins and check it
admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> General Configuration >> Disable All Plugins >> yes
(2013-04-23, 04:40 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]disable all plugins and check it
admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> General Configuration >> Disable All Plugins >> yes

Already done that, didn't work :/
(2013-04-23, 04:06 PM)Senethic Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

are the permissions to the upload folder correct ? if the folder is not writeable, when php copies the file from its temp location to the actual one it will fail if it can not write the file
(2013-04-23, 05:58 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-23, 04:06 PM)Senethic Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

are the permissions to the upload folder correct ? if the folder is not writeable, when php copies the file from its temp location to the actual one it will fail if it can not write the file

I exactly did like the MyBB documentation said, I litteraly copy pasted the shell command :/
^ still, look at tools & maintenance section (bottom of page). does it report incorrect CHMOD for the folders ?
(2013-04-24, 06:46 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ still, look at tools & maintenance section (bottom of page). does it report incorrect CHMOD for the folders ?

Yep, already looked there to.
(2013-04-24, 09:04 PM)Senethic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-24, 06:46 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ still, look at tools & maintenance section (bottom of page). does it report incorrect CHMOD for the folders ?

Yep, already looked there to.

hmmm been thinking this could be a 'curl' error, the remote site may not allow curl requests. reference