MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Administrator Cannot View IP Addresses In Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is what I am getting when I am viewing posts.

I do not think I have missed anything in the ACP - I could view the IPs in posts not so long back. Tried to clear the cache and temp files - still no joy.

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.
Did you checked admin group permissions in acp?
(2013-04-23, 09:43 PM)Jovan J. Wrote: [ -> ]Did you checked admin group permissions in acp?

yes it is checked and I still have the problem... Blush

Bumping not resolved.
I am still having an issue with this. I get diverted to the permissions page.

I can see IPs in the SQL files but not on the boards. Any other ideas? Maybe in the php files?
Go to ACP>Users & Groups>Admin Permissions>YOUR USERNAME>Users and Groups Tab

Is there anything set to "NO"?

This is different from what Jovan J. said because Jovan asked you to check group permissions, I'm requesting you to check your own admin permissions. Sometimes, Group Admin permissions and Individual Admin permissions are different.
(2013-07-22, 03:13 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Go to ACP>Users & Groups>Admin Permissions>YOUR USERNAME>Users and Groups Tab

Is there anything set to "NO"?

This is different from what Jovan J. said because Jovan asked you to check group permissions, I'm requesting you to check your own admin permissions. Sometimes, Group Admin permissions and Individual Admin permissions are different.

Yes all my permissions are set correctectly - however I have just resolved it with a direct fix so that even when IP's are set in the permissions for viewing they work just so admins can see them or mods if you would like them to also etc if you wish.

It is a very direct and easy fix

go to templates in the acp - postbit - postbit_iplogged_hidden then add this line directly under what is there.

{$post['ipaddress']}

So it will look like this.

<p class="smalltext">{$lang->postbit_ipaddress} <a href="moderation.php?action=getip&amp;pid={$post['pid']}">{$lang->postbit_ipaddress_logged}</a></p>
{$post['ipaddress']}

Thanks for your help. I think a plugin has caused the issue so this should help anyone else.