MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPlugins, clean up (a bit) your ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After I coded a few Plugins, I thought about a way to organize my Plugins in a better way. This was the birth of "MyPlugins".
It should show every ACP module from my plugins, so you can change every setting from one module instead of searching for them.
[attachment=29152]

All plugins have been updated so they detect automatically whether they are in "their" module or in MyPlugins:
[attachment=29153]

In addition I added the option to turn "Anonymous Statistics" on, this will collect the same Information as MyBB does, so I can decide which features I can implement and which not.
[attachment=29154]

So why is this a Development Thread and not a Release Thread?
That's very easy: the main feature isn't developed yet. You can see the first part of it in the first screenshot: The ability to download my plugins from your ACP. This will include new plugins and updated plugins. ATM I'm not sure how to do this but I'm sure I'll find a way Wink
In addition a file verification tool was planned but I had a few problems with it so I decided to integrate it in a later version.

Sounds good, where can I download it?
MyPlugins is available on GitHub: Download
Feel free to test it and report Bugs here Big Grin If you have any suggestions you can also post them below

Update 27.04:
I added the download options, so the only thing left is testing Wink
[attachment=29124]

Update 30.04:
Added the settings and templates pages:
[attachment=29150]
[attachment=29151]
Activate and Deactivate(x2) work Smile
Statistic Code (This randomly generated code...) is empty.

YES, there is a problem with how ACP plugin settings are organized.
Each plugin author should link to their settings or mybb should do it for them. ref.(for mybb 2.0): Better and More Efficient Plugins

I also have in my 'Differentiate items' notes, since settings are in multiple places in ACP:
- plugin related setting (made by plugin author) should have a small symbol ([Image: plugin.png] or something)
- the most common (or most important) admin actions should also stand out, and the grouping (tabs) should be re-examined
(2013-04-24, 11:41 AM)thebobo1 Wrote: [ -> ]Statistic Code (This randomly generated code...) is empty.
The code is generated when you activate it the first time Wink So at the beginning it's empty Toungue
I like the plugin's idea. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
I pushed a new version to GitHub where the download is implemented. It's not ready, a few things like changed admin dirs aren't implemented but I thought I let you know Wink
Nice concept. I would like to see setting groups grouped by default and custom like in my tutorial but i could not find an efficient way via plugin to do it.

if you can figure it out its a nice feature.
I finished the download section so everything is finished now. I'll release it this week if nobody finds any bugs till then Wink
I thought I found a bug (when Deactivating wiki, downloads don't show. /msg: "Can't connect to the server"/), but it was not possible to reproduce it after wiki re-install.

It's a pity that it is only for your plugins (maybe name the tab JonesPlugins) and not for all mybb plugins. It would be more user-friendly to handle settings (easier to find) and downloading (no ftp).
(2013-04-28, 08:42 AM)thebobo1 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought I found a bug (when Deactivating wiki, downloads don't show. /msg: "Can't connect to the server"/), but it was not possible to reproduce it after wiki re-install.
That can happen but shouldn't. And it's an issue on my side so the plugin works as expected Wink

(2013-04-28, 08:42 AM)thebobo1 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a pity that it is only for your plugins (maybe name the tab JonesPlugins) and not for all mybb plugins. It would be more user-friendly to handle settings (easier to find) and downloading (no ftp).
You can use Plugin Uploader to upload other plugins than mine. And as MyPlugins requires changes in the plugin files it isn't possible to work with other plugins. I was thinking about the setting thing but I'm not sure how to realize it. But I'm working on a feature suggested here Wink
I implemented a new page: Settings. It shows every setting for my plugins so you don't have to search for them. I was thinking about a way to remove them from the normal listing but there aren't any hooks to do this... But I hope this helps a bit Big Grin
Pages: 1 2