MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cannot add attachment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
i installed today the 1.2.1 version but i cannot add any attachments!
i browse for the file, i click add attachment and then it seems like doing it but after that it doesn't show any attached files!

Any ideas?
thanks
What's your /uploads/ directory's chmod? It needs to be 777, please confirm that it's at that. If not, please see the following Wiki article for more info about chmoding.
[Wiki: HowTo_Chmod] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
thanks for your reply

the directory's cmod is indeed 777
mod4week Wrote:Hi,
i browse for the file, i click add attachment and then it seems like doing it but after that it doesn't show any attached files!

Any ideas?
thanks

What size attachments are you trying to upload?
DennisTT Wrote:

Any ideas?
thanks

i've tried any type and any size from very small (2KB) to bigger (500KB) and it does the same thing - it seems like uploading it but it doesn't show it to the post and it doesn't show it also in the directory

now i noticed also that it doesn't upload also avatars - it says file upload error, please choose valid file type.
Is there a possibility that a file related with uploading function hasn't been uploaded to the forum correctly?
Could you please post a link to your forum?
mod4week Wrote:
DennisTT Wrote:

Any ideas?
thanks

i've tried any type and any size from very small (2KB) to bigger (500KB) and it does the same thing - it seems like uploading it but it doesn't show it to the post and it doesn't show it also in the directory

now i noticed also that it doesn't upload also avatars - it says file upload error, please choose valid file type.
Is there a possibility that a file related with uploading function hasn't been uploaded to the forum correctly?

Copy this, save it as phpinfo.php and upload it to your server:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Please either post the URL to that phpinfo.php here, or PM it to me.
hi guys
thanks for the replies

the url to my (new) forum is this
http://microel.byethost13.com/mybb

so there is now uploaded the phpinfo file

http://microel.byethost13.com/mybb/phpinfo.php