MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: disadvantages of cloudflare and mybb ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i'have a question :
If I use cloudflare on my site where it is installed mybb without the plugins created by the community but only with the dns settings of cloudflare it's possible have any disadvantages ? such as? ?

Thanks Smile
with cloudflare turned on,
if you make any changes in themes and templates then that does not reflect immediately on the forum.
it is better to use one of the plugins so that you can modify forum in development mode. (eg. plugin)
Thank you very much. So if you still make a change at the level of theme, after a few hours, maximum a few days is still visible even without a plugin?
Sometimes messes up the bbcode ,usually when the rocket-loader is turned on but you can just fix this situation by turning the rocket loader off, and when you replace images and modify stuff at times it can be slow for the results to take place.

But overall cloud-flare is definitely a yes !

*Makes site faster
*Prevents ddos attacks .....can fight off quite a lot but if the attack is over 8gbs then you will go down.
*Hot-linking app is also good on it
*Saves so much bandwidth it's unreal
*Prevents a lot of spammers ! <------- this is also what I love spam as gone down quite alot !

But yes I always love cloud-flare definitely a must for me.