MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More announcements for portal.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
As you already know, on the portal, you have "announcements" setting, meaning, you can specify a forum ID or ID's, and the announcement option pulls topics from those forums, and shows them on your portal.
What i want, or ask from you is this:
I want a second box of announcements (or unlimited), but to set it to pull topics from other forum ID's than the first one. So, i will like to have, for example:
One announcement box, that pulls topics from forum ID's 1,2,3.
A second announcement box that pulls topics forum forum ID's 4,8,12.

Why i want this and not using only the default announcement option, meaning all in one: because, i want to put on my portal, for example, a title, like "Last topics from MUSIC and MOVIES" and bellow, the announcements (topics) from MUSIC and MOVIES, than, bellow all this, a title like, let's say "Last topics from GAMES and CUPS" and bellow the title, the announcements (last topics) from GAMES and CUPS. So, as you see, i need two announcement boxes. Or three, or more.
So please, explain how can i do that.
[Image: 2lsctit.jpg]

Thank u MyBB, you are the best.
Anyone? Or can you tell me a good PORTAL for mybb? In the past, i used proportal, but since the version 1.6.9, proportal is not woking any more.
(2013-04-28, 07:11 PM)uzurpatoru Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone? Or can you tell me a good PORTAL for mybb? In the past, i used proportal, but since the version 1.6.9, proportal is not woking any more.

You know that 1.6.10 is out right. You should upgrade your forum.
Yes you are right! But ProPortal works on 1.6.10? Tell me please
1.6.10 people have to much problems with that version. Clean install works perfectly
I'm using proportal. I just delete "portal.php" before uploading the upgrade package. If (when) i forget to do that, my portal reverts to the standard MyBB version. Then I have to replace portal.php from my folder backup.
So... proportal works on 1.6.10??
I'm using it on four sites.
If you remember when it stopped working, go to your backup folders from just before that time and grab the "portal.php" file and use it to overwrite the one you are currently using. That should restore your pro portal, unless you deleted or disabled some other part of it.
You can modify the portal.ph default to make that issue.

Firts i add a new var, copying the var i want to put. For example if i undertand, you olnly show the titles like last treads, or something like that, well i copy the entire code and then add a choice xD.

After that i add the newvar to my portal template and shows in the form i want.

I donĀ“t understand what you want at all, but i have modded my portal.php file, o my forum and if i want i add more things but for me, it's allright now xD.
I don't know how to modify the portal.php to show announcements from specific forums,but not only in 1 box...