MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login problems in 1.6.9 (cookie issues?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mybb version: 1.6.9

We've been having cookie problems I think.

1) Some people (not all) report problems trying to log in. When they log in, it seems like it worked but they do not log in. Each time I instruct them to clear cache and cookies and restart the browser, to no avail. At times I have wondered if it was a www/non-www issue?

They describe it like this:
Quote:I am still not able to log in and correct my password problem. I have gone to "Forgot Password?" and received a new temporary password. When I try to log on with that password it tells me that I have successfully logged on but it still comes up with "Welcome Guest" and no user CP
And this:
Quote:After changing my password, I am having trouble signing in. I put in my user name, and new password. The message says I have successfully logged but I am returned to a screen showing I’m a guest.
and this:
Quote:Ok I got on the site and tried to respond to a post. It said I needed to log in. I tried it and it worked. I logged out and did it again with success. When I try on the main page it will not take it. It says I am successfully logged in, on the interim screen, and then goes back to the main page with the login deal at the top again.

2) Second issue, might be related:
Whenever I try to save a css file edit from within the AdminCP theme editor, It redirects me to the 404 error page.

Cookie settings:
Cookie Domain: .domain.com
Cookie path: /forum/

The whole domain is redirected to /forum in htaccess.
have you checked the sticky thread related to cookies - http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html
(2013-04-25, 05:49 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]have you checked the sticky thread related to cookies - http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html

I have and things seem to be set up correctly. I will regeneraye my php settings file though- Thanks!
Update:
cookies are set properly and settings file has been re-built, still having the issues. Two people report this problem today...

1) they try logging in
2) second page suggests a successful login
3) redirects to index, not logged in
4) they think it's their password and reset their password
5) go to 1) and repeat

As a test, when I try to log in as them, I am successful.

Any ideas? I need to fix this. This is on a big board.
Support team, I'd be willing to provide a test account.
Still having this issue. A user will report this problem, but I can successfully login with their credentials.

Telling them to Reboot, clear browser cache and cookies seem to have no effect for them.

I have read the entire "problems logging in" thread and nothing there seems to be the problem.
Two new ones today - still a problem. We upgraded to 1.6.10 and still an issue.