MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "The message is missing. Please enter a message."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've enabled the text editor on my quick reply form by making a small change to showthread.php and adding the code buttons to the quick reply template.

When I include the code buttons, however, I have an issue. Posts that would normally go through, don't.

The first example I noticed was a message that consists only of quotes. The quick reply form says that the message is missing, but the full reply form lets it go through without an issue.

Note that the issue only exists when using the ajax quick reply functionality. It also only seems to happen when the quotes are added via multiquote---all I know is that it doesn't happen with the plain old textarea.

Link to my forum: http://teotu.keithpickering.net/

Test user:
Username - Test
Password - testmybb
It worked fine for me.

I had similar issue on my forum though - several people complained they can use quick reply but not new reply/thread because of that error. It turned out it worked after those people had disabled all browser plugins. Try it.

Also there were more complaints on this forum about this but without any normal solution. I think it's a weird MyBB bug but developers said they can't reproduce it.
Did you try clicking multiquote on a few posts, then clicking "quote these posts" under the quick reply box and trying to post the message without typing anything else?
I don't see how this is related to the problem described above, but it also worked without problem for me.
That's the problem I described in the OP :p

Strange that it's working for you---I'll have to try some other browsers.