MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin and installation problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We originally loaded a version of the myBB forum onto our web site a couple of months back and it was working fine. Last week we encountered an error logging in as an administrator where no user could log in as an administrator although they could access the general area (where users with all privileges can log in to) through the same login details. We made no changes to the uploaded files or database tables relating to the forum. After looking for a solution for a couple of days we were unable to get this working again and so took the decision to reload the forum.

I followed the instructions on your website to install the forum as I did first time, however when I open up the install page in the browser and click next the next button just reloads the 'welcome to myBB installation wizard' each time. I tried this in different browsers and each results in the next button just reloading the same page. Having the 'Send anonymous statistics' tick box checked and unchecked does not make a difference. I have tried reloading this three times, firstly using the original files downloaded a few months ago which worked originally and then re-downloading the source files. The location of the forum we are trying to load is different to that of the original, although I did try the original location as well at one point. I have double checked the CHMOD file settings as in your instructions and the files and folders listed had the correct permission settings. I have tried searching for answers to this issue and checked the cookie domain and path which appear to be correct.

Is there any way of resolving either of these issues? Any further suggestions of things to try would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
can we have your forum url please
We've taken the forum down at the moment as we cannot control spam/ block users and IP addresses. Do you have any suggestions of things to look at?
see spam prevention plugins here http://community.mybb.com/thread-110224.html
if you use search feature you can find many related threads (eg.)
How can we solve the problem of not being able to log into the admin panel? All methods listed in first post have not worked.
have you seen this sticky thread related to cookie settings - http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html
I have checked this and these are already correct. Any other possible solution?
A URL would be useful. You can post it in the Private Inquiries forum if you don't want it public. Sounds like it might be an issue with your hosting set up.
(2013-04-30, 05:09 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]A URL would be useful. You can post it in the Private Inquiries forum if you don't want it public. Sounds like it might be an issue with your hosting set up.

Since you posted on twitter about this, I'll bump my post. I see no thread in PI with the requested details. I'm fairly sure this is a host issue. Here's the URL to the PI forum if that's the problem: http://community.mybb.com/forum-135.html
In response to your last few questions:

No, we have not installed any new plugins since we initially set up the forum, this was only the UK version of English, and the forum worked fine for months after this and we were able to login to the admin panel.

We checked error log and there is nothing relating to the forum.

Yes, we are able to access FTP and phpmyadmin

Any other ideas?