MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mods banning Ips?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically I would like to give the moderators permission to ban ips ,would be very ideal, but can't find any way on how to do it and figure out how to do it.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding on what I could do to make this possible?

Thanks in advance Smile

And also while i'm here instead of double posting ...
Another question I have
How would I make it so members can't rate own threads? quite annoying.
You can't because you would have to give them ACP access in order to do that.

You can't do that either because MyBB doesn't have that feature. You can disable it to where they can't rate threads entirely though, but that's about it.
for the second requirement you can use the plugin from below link
http://community.mybb.com/thread-61092.html (edit: change compatibility line if required)
IP Baning become very bad, If we use VPN somethime our IP gonna same to other users IP
(2013-04-26, 04:58 AM)Lukear9 Wrote: [ -> ]You can't because you would have to give them ACP access in order to do that.

You can't do that either because MyBB doesn't have that feature. You can disable it to where they can't rate threads entirely though, but that's about it.

What? Not true.. just make a suspension that penalty is a ban... it's that easy.
Anyone with moderator control panel access could be able to use it.
That is IF you want moderators to be able to ban.
This will give you time to check and do an final admin perm ban via admin cp.

Edit:
oops sorry, overread that you wanted them to ban IPs.. well unless you have a tool built into your server that gives MyBB the MAC address of the user to ban... do not to perm IP bans... it's bad news for those users who may end up with that IP.
(2013-04-26, 06:30 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]for the second requirement you can use the plugin from below link
http://community.mybb.com/thread-61092.html (edit: change compatibility line if required)

+ repped you ,you are always very helpful ! thankyou.