MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unknown Bannings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All of my forum members say they see a message saying they are banned when I haven't done so. They can do everything, but they see this message. I believe it has to do with some of the plugins I have, but I'm not sure. The forum is:
http://www.bmestudioz.com/community
Thank you.
Can you edit the Registered usergroup and make sure the setting "Is Banned Usergroup" is set to "No"
It wasn't, I have no idea happaned there. So that brings up another thing, how did this happen? Someone new registered that I don't know that has no IP address. Is this a hacker or am I paranoid?
I just registered and activated an account at your community, but I didn't get a banned message. Does this happen to all of your users excluding you? Do the affected users have a secondary group?
#1. Hi and thank you for joining.
#2. Dennis fixed it but I would be more than happy to let you help me figure out if I got hacked or not.
#3. Congrats on your promotion.

Just a question, on my cp, I saw this as the number of admins I have.
3 (1)
What does the (1) mean?
P.S If I should make a new topic for this just tell me.
BrandMan211 Wrote:Just a question, on my cp, I saw this as the number of admins I have.
3 (1)
That means somebody has the admin group as secondary.

1) Smile

2) No idea, do you have an reason to think that? Are you thinking the person with the admin group as secondary hacked you? o.0

3) Thanks. Smile

BrandMan211 Wrote:P.S If I should make a new topic for this just tell me.
Hehehe. No need for that. Smile
:o
Someone did somehow do that! I'm going to ban.
It's quite possible that the IP address wasn't available. MyBB gets the IP info from PHP $_SERVER superglobals and if those aren't set [correctly] by the web server, then MyBB has no way of finding the IP address of the user.
But he got into the ACP, and did stuff, so I banned him. You can close this now if you wish.
Closed at the request of the op.