MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: E-mail Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I thought this would be the easiest and quickest way to seek some assistance.

I am having some issues with my VPS. It is to do with e-mail accounts.

I think I have blocked my IP from accessing the e-mail server side of things because I cannot send anything from my Uni IP. However off a 3G or a 4G connection, it will send fine. I can receive on my Uni IP, but cannot send anything for any website on my VPS.

How can I unblock the Uni IP? I have tried the cPHulk and still no luck.

Any help would be great!
Maybe you can try to ask your host to unban it. I had something similar few years ago, and i've just contacted hosting support, and they fixed it for me Smile
You uni may block port 25, try port 587 instead (if it is configured in your VPS).
(2013-04-26, 07:00 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]You uni may block port 25, try port 587 instead (if it is configured in your VPS).

That seems to be very true. It was fine all of the year until this week and the same last year..... not sure why IT might have done that.

Thanks heaps Smile That has worked on my VPS. They have also blocked 465 it seems for another e-mail account I have on another server which I cannot control (dads business site with Just Host).