MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moved to new host.. now Google Apps Domain Gmail won't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been successfully using Google Apps gmail (email domain doesn't end with gmail.com.. ends with my domain and service is through Google) for maybe a year as my forums system smtp email server.

Now it gives me "Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />110: Connection timed out" in the system mail log.

I've tried many different settings... and the emails sent folder has been cleaned by me and the email account is not spam blocked or anything.

Has anyone else come up against this?
I use a DKIM key in my domain name so I shouldn't use PHP mail.

edit:
forgot to mention.. this happened when I moved from a shared host to a new VPS... site is 100 times faster and everything but not sure why email for MyBB would stop working.
Bump... need some ideas on why this is not working.... have been using the tls domain prefix without authentication with no problem until the move.... after move those setting no longer work and neither does the standard gmail settings for mybb.
Have you updated the MX record(s) for your Google Apps?

Some useful links if this is the problem:
http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.p...swer=33352
http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.p...wer=140034
Yes MX records are fine, setup as defined by Google Documentation. As of right now I'm using PHP mail option which some are not getting (probably because their ESP is blocking the PHP emails). So SMTP was really the best way to go.. do you think Google limits usage? My forum sends an average of 200+ emails a day. I'm trying to disable forum subscriptions to lower that amount.
B-U-M-P any ideas? Still not sure why google apps mail (gmail) would stop working when switching hosting servers.
Still getting the connection time out error on system mail logs... any ideas?

I'm even trying new Google Apps accounts....
MX records are set properly via Cloudflare and DNS.