MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple forums, Single registration/login etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I am using xmb at the moment and need to change it as it is not supported anymore.

I have 9 forums using a single registration and login making some cp features global to all forums and others restricted to each forum.

All forums are installed in the same db using different prefix_ names and a code was added to my sql files to make them work the way they are as one.

Could/does mybb have a multiple forum registration option or is there a way to install multiple mybb so they use the same registration etc.

I am currently testing this having install 2 mybb's in the same db to see what can be done.

If anyone has or is able to help then please let me know (happy to pay for your help)

If you would like an idea of how I have things at the moment please visit my forum at www.ozyforums.com.au

At the top menu you will find a list of other forums, some are on individual domain names and others are sub-domains.

The only way to register is through the main forum being ozy forums and then those same details are used to login to every other forum, (you cannot register through the other forums).

In the User Control Panel all personal, PM, shop points, rewards, avatars, albums, are linked as one but anything to do with posts/threads etc are untouched and individual to each forum within the users control panel. (this part if linked as one would also work I guess)

Any help would be appreciated if your interested in a challenge.

Cheers
I wouldn't know for sure as I have never needed this however, you would need a few plugins I would assume to make everything work correctly. I don't think the core features would be able to work on there own like that.