MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete a certain members PM's?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems I have a PM spammer to deal with...

Is there a way to delete all of a members PM's at once?
Maybe a SQL query?
Just tested it on a test forum.

DELETE FROM mybb_privatemessages WHERE uid = {UID OF USER}

Seemed to work fine.
As usual, make sure you have a DB Backup in case if something goes wrong.

**Wait, the inbox was gone too. Not sure if it was deleted already. Wait for a confirmation of the above query.
Yeah when you send a PM it creates two rows in the database, one goes to the recipient and one goes to your sent messages folder. I'd imagine there would be two seperate queries right?
(2013-04-27, 02:19 AM)theezy Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah when you send a PM it creates two rows in the database, one goes to the recipient and one goes to your sent messages folder. I'd imagine there would be two seperate queries right?

I hope so. There is UID who is the sender, and the TID or something like that which is the receiver.
I just went into the mybb_privatemessages table and deleted all the spam one by one...

I think the option to delete all of a member's sent PM's at once should be a standard option in the ACP Smile
(2013-04-27, 05:18 AM)theezy Wrote: [ -> ]I just went into the mybb_privatemessages table and deleted all the spam one by one...

I think the option to delete all of a member's sent PM's at once should be a standard option in the ACP Smile

Glad you got it sorted. I think it would be good when you ban a user there is an option to delete all PM's. Might look into it when I have some time.
Matt's MyBB - Goodbye Spammer is an additional option which you can use. This plugin deletes spammer's PM's when you bam him.