MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WIP Forum Theme Design - Unique
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've never seen a forum theme like this, so I'm not sure if no one ever thought of it, isn't possible to do when coded, or required too much work, but I've been aiming for a unique and never before seen theme.

**NOT CODED - JUST A DESIGN
[Image: NflMvZW.png]

Features:
  • Compact Forums
  • Left Nav Panel - About;Services;Portfolio - Tooltips upon being coded
  • Top Nav Panel - Home;Premium;Support
  • Usual UserCP, Welcome Back panel
  • Custom Notification Bar
  • Twitter Tweets (Under Forum Section) << Not started yet
  • And more as I design it
^Planning on making it's own editor, smilies, buttons(duh), and all those stuff. A full remake.

Now the question is, is this possible to do? You may have noticed, this isn't a regular forum. It's a forum theme specifically for my Graphic Design shop I'm working on starting up. You don't have a subforum listing, or avatars, forum icons, or anything like that. Simple compact forum, but overall a unique and advanced "mainframe". The whole top nav bar and left nav bar are useful and quick to access.

How hard would it be? I would still need to finish designing newthread and all the other pages for MyBB though before I began coding it up, but can you do this?

And besides that, what do you think of the design itself? Yay or Nay?
Looks nice and simple, I like such themes.
I like the design. It's rare to see such beautiful and unique themes.
It's a nice direction, definitely. I think the typography needs a lot of work. Try different, more sleek fonts. The current fonts and logo are a bit meh for a graphic resource.

And yeah, it can be coded. Shouldn't be too difficult.
(2013-04-27, 06:23 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]It's a nice direction, definitely. I think the typography needs a lot of work. Try different, more sleek fonts. The current fonts and logo are a bit meh for a graphic resource.

And yeah, it can be coded. Shouldn't be too difficult.

I think the font is smooth, is it not?

The logo is just a temporary. A more complex one would be created.
Very clean design.
Very nice, maybe less rounded to be