MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Version 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Noob here. Just installed MyBB with HostGator's wizard. Seems to work fine insofar as I've played with it. Two questions up front: 1) Is it permissible to change the header from "MyBB" to "NHWatch?" 2) As a NHWatch group, I want to restrict access to members only. How do I go about doing that?

Thanks so much!
1) Of course. MyBB is free software, there are very little restrictions as to what you can do with it. Smile

2) You can do this by editing the Guest user group in the ACP and uncheck what you don't want guests to see.
(2013-04-28, 02:08 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]1) Of course. MyBB is free software, there are very little restrictions as to what you can do with it. Smile

2) You can do this by editing the Guest user group in the ACP and uncheck what you don't want guests to see.

Thanks for responding. I successfully edited the ACP Guest user group but haven't figured out how to replace the MyBB logo with my own title or logo. Can you steer me in the right direction?
(2013-04-28, 08:52 AM)nosake Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-28, 02:08 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]1) Of course. MyBB is free software, there are very little restrictions as to what you can do with it. Smile

Thanks for responding. I successfully edited the ACP Guest user group but haven't figured out how to replace the MyBB logo with my own title or logo. Can you steer me in the right direction?

You can do that on really easy way, go to your Cpanel -> File Manager -> images -> your theme -> find logo.gif -> replace it with your new one (of course it have to be same name with same extension)... Smile
Edit: do as Jovan said
or browse to admin panel >> themes >> your forum's active theme >> scroll down for Board Logo (under theme properties) and change it
(2013-04-28, 08:56 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: admin panel >> themes >> your forum's active theme >> scroll down for Board Logo (under theme properties) and change it

Yeah, one more way how you can do that Smile
My bad. I have version 1.6.9 not 1 .6.10 as I'd thought. I can't find "Cpanel -> File Manager -> images -> your theme -> find logo.gif ->"
^ Jovan was referring to files server (i.e through ftp or file manger at web host control panel)
Thanks for all your help.