MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add Unsubscribe Link to Mass Mail?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have being looking for this and I can't find a solution.

Yes I know that the members can opt-out from receiving administrator notifications from their profile settings but I will like to also add an unsubscribe link in the actual email.

For a few reasons the first to be CAN-SPAM complaint and second to make it easier for them to opt out as it really sucks that every time I send an email with news or updates I get replies with "Unsubscribe me for the news" ect ect

So is there a way to do this or a plugin so I where I can add an unsubscribe link to the actual email that goes out and that when they click on it they get automatically unsubscribed from receiving administrator emails?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Pos3id0n
it appears that there is no direct link for unsubscribing.
observe how this community adds that un-subscription message in the mails
Quote:You can disable new message notifications on your account options page:
http://community.mybb.com/usercp.php?action=options
humm sounds like a good work around but it will be nice to just have a straight unsubscribe link option

The problem is that the link to forum.com/usecp.php?action=options only works if the person is already logged in your forum if not he needs to log in and then navigate to that page so it makes it a bit of a hassle for them to just unsubscribe reason why it will be better to have a plugin or a solution for the developers just to be on the safe side and be complaint
I created a new opt in usergroup "Newsletter Subscription" that anyone can join. And each month I send a mass mail newsletter to that group only. No one can complain because they opted in, and can opt out when they like. That way they can still get other mail for new posts, PMs, etc.