MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good sites/forums to promote your forum on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I may have a little bias...but http://promotionboss.com is a great place to promote your website.

We are on the first page in google with keyword "promotion forum" and get alot of visitors daily.
The problem with all the promotion forums is that they all attract the same people. The ones that are interested in promoting their own promotion forums. Until a site like Promotion Boss does the smart thing and completely rewrites the Promotion niche, there will be nothing in them for anyone that doesn't have a promotion forum.
(2014-12-05, 04:16 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with all the promotion forums is that they all attract the same people. The ones that are interested in promoting their own promotion forums. Until a site like Promotion Boss does the smart thing and completely rewrites the Promotion niche, there will be nothing in them for anyone that doesn't have a promotion forum.

PostLoop was something that I thought really changed the "promotion niche" until they really fudged up their system with putting a much bigger emphasis on paying for points. When the post -> points ratio was pretty fair it worked beautifully. 
I tried everything to advertise my forums. Facebook, but no one's joining. All I keep getting are spam members.
I wouldn't suggest Hack Forums. That's just asking for trouble. Just my humble opinion.
My Tips:

- Facebook
- Twitter (Use Hashtags)
- Blogs
- Promotion Forums
- Showcase Forums
- Sumbit Your Site To Search Engines
- Backlinks (Helps search engine SEO)
- Web Site Directory

I hope this helped.
Ethical, yet beneficial forum promotion is difficult, but still doable. At ForumPromotion.com we welcome all MyBB users to advertise and promote their boards, for free.
(2017-10-09, 03:30 AM)Forum-Promotion Wrote: [ -> ]Ethical, yet beneficial forum promotion is difficult, but still doable.

I can't see how your site will generate anyone traffic. If anything, your site would detract from a user's traffic.
Pages: 1 2