MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: prototype.lite.js
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, appologies if this is in an incorrect forum, but I need a little help and this seemed like the most appropriate place Smile

I'm working on upgrading the forum software on a site I am part of to 1.2 (well, technically 1.21 now XD) and I've run into a little issue: the ajax editor.js/prototype.lite.js you use for the Formatting toolbar in new post pages, either refuses to load and or creates havoc all over that area of the page when I use scriptaculous (more accuratly the prototype.js that comes with it).

I can clearly see that your copy of prototype.js and the scriptaculous prototype.js is clashing. As your version is obviously modified, could I request what modifications you made so I can work towards a solution.

If anyone has any better ideas to get both of them co-existing peacefully or, even better, an easyer way of achieving my goal* then it'd be much appreciated Smile

thanks in advance
-D4rk

*I'm mearly using it for the sliding menu effects (Click a button and a menu slides down, click it again and it slides back up) which you may think is a bit of a stupid idea considering the whole scriptaculous scriptset is about 100kb XD
If you are going to use scriptacolous you need prototype and not prototype lite. If you have prototype you shouldn't need to have prototype lite.
Prototype lite came with the moo package.
Might be therefore it's clashing.
Smile I've tried removing the prototype.lite, however this causes the editor.js to complain, and (remarkably Wink) the scriptaculous doesn't work with prototype lite

what does this moo package do exactly? I saw it called in the headed but didn't investigate it

Would it be possible to generate the editor and cache it before I load the scriptaculous prototype?
It's basically a lite package which handles Ajax requests and effects. http://moofx.mad4milk.net/

If you wish to use the full version of prototype then you need to do as suggested but remove the references to prototype.lite.js in the header - it should work.
Chris Boulton Wrote:It's basically a lite package which handles Ajax requests and effects. http://moofx.mad4milk.net/

If you wish to use the full version of prototype then you need to do as suggested but remove the references to prototype.lite.js in the header - it should work.
Ah, this looks like a good set of scripts

I'll let you know If I can come up with a solution Smile
I want to use scriptaculo with MyBB 1.2.x, too. But the editor.js don't work with the prototype.js and the scriptaculous.js don't work with the prototype.lite.js.
What can I do?
Can someone help?