MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: guest messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aloha,

Ver 1.6.9. Another noob question. With your help, I now understand how to prevent guests from viewing my forum. However, I do want them to read two messages before registering: Welcome and Disclaimer. Is there a way to accomplish that?
2 messages as in Threads? or 2 messages as in Global Forum Messages?
On the registration page their is already a "terms" page which you can adjust to say what you want, once they hit agree they will be provided with a registration form.

You can edit those terms at:
./inc/languages/english/member.lang.php

Look for: $l['agreement'] down to: $l['agreement5'] (By default its on lines: 75 - 80)

If you wanted to show them a thread/post before being able to register, I know there is a plugin somewhere - will look for it shortly.
I guess it can be global forum message with links to threads (eg. plugin - group message)
(2013-04-29, 08:30 AM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]On the registration page their is already a "terms" page which you can adjust to say what you want, once they hit agree they will be provided with a registration form.

You can edit those terms at:
./inc/languages/english/member.lang.php

Look for: $l['agreement'] down to: $l['agreement5'] (By default its on lines: 75 - 80)

If you wanted to show them a thread/post before being able to register, I know there is a plugin somewhere - will look for it shortly.

Yes, that brings up another question. I have DreamWeaver 5.5 and don't know how to set up a local server so I can edit code. I've had a look at Adobe's help but confess that I can't make a go of it.
^ you can edit the code online through admin panel. to edit member.lang.php file contents
navigate to admin panel >> configuration >> languages >> your language >> options (right side button)
>> Edit Language Variables >> member.lang.php >> Edit >>
Quote:Look for: $l['agreement'] down to: $l['agreement5']
change them as per your requirements and save the language file

or use ftp server and text editor like notepad++
I've received enough info for a while to keep me busy. I had previously heard about NotePad++ and just now d/l'd it. Ultimately however, I'm going to want to know how to set up a testing server to access with DW. Thanks so much.