MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What template do I need to edit for this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wish to add an advertisement after the last post in a thread but above the "Pages" and "New Reply" buttons, but I cannot find the template that contains these.

Can someone please tell me where they are located?

Thank you
showthread template (in Show Thread Templates)
find below code at the bottom of the template and add your code in a div container just above it
<div class="float_left">
		{$multipage}
	</div>

add your code like this <div id="myadv">your code here</div>
(2013-04-29, 01:46 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]showthread template (in Show Thread Templates)
find below code at the bottom of the template and add your code in a div container just above it
<div class="float_left">
		{$multipage}
	</div>

Definitely not the best solution, see above at the plugin to manage your ads.
That plug-in kind of stinks. The postbit option crates a space between every post and the footer one puts it so low on the page that it will never be seen.

I'm just going to edit the template.

Thanks!

(2013-04-29, 01:46 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]showthread template (in Show Thread Templates)
<div class="float_left">
		{$multipage}
	</div>

This worked great. Thanks.
with this plugin you can adjust where you will put your ad based fid well.

you learn this plugin first. before using it. because existing tab in this plugin will make a little confusing....
I think I understand how the plugin works. I tried all the location options: header, postbit, and footer.

Header was fine, but like I said, postbit adds spaces between all posts which is unacceptable, and it only puts the ad after the first post and I would prefer the last because otherwise it surrounds the first post with two ads which is not good. And I tried the footer, which, like I said, puts it on the very bottom of the page.

It's easier for me just to edit the template and I can put the ads exactly where I want.

thanks though.
good luck. Big Grin