MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: You seem to have entered an invalid password reset code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running MyBB verion 1.6.9

I have been getting many complaints from users saying the password reset didn't work. So today, I created a user and went out and did a password reset.

I did the reset and right in the middle of the screen, I had the following message:

You seem to have entered an invalid password reset code. Please re-read the email you were sent or contact the forum administrators for more help.

If I scroll up, I can see that I did get logged in, but uneducated users see this message and keep trying to reset their password.

Is anybody else experiencing this type of problem?
Lots of complaints on this and so far no one can replicate it in a way that it can be troubleshooted. I believe I'm losing thousands of accounts because of this bug. I get daily contacts about resets codes not working.

But until it can be replicated it's likely not going to be fixed. But the more people acknowledge the bug and complain about it maybe we can get the MyBB team to take it seriously and look into it.
I reset the password on this user three different times and it has happened all three times. Here is a link to the site:

http://www.morethantrivia.com/mybb/index.php

I am willing to work with anyone that wants to try and resolve this.