MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: post edit and user log out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 questions today.
  1. Is it possible to disable the function that says a user has modified their post? It's just annoying and not something the whole world needs to be aware of.
  2. Is there an easy way to log out and log in under a different user name? The only way I know of at present is to go and perform the delete cookies function. Even if I untick the box in user preferences that says remember me on this computer, it still keeps logging me in automatically.
Kenny Wrote:I have 2 questions today.
  1. Is it possible to disable the function that says a user has modified their post? It's just annoying and not something the whole world needs to be aware of.

I remember seeing a option for that in the Admin -> Control Panel area (the Thread or Forum display, I think it was one of those two).

Although I think it only works on posts made after the change...at least that's what it did on my board, anyway.
1) ACP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Posting
Set "Show 'edited by' Messages" and "Show 'edited by' Message for Forum Staff" to no.

2) Are your board's cookie settings correct? [Wiki: Cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)