MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to utlitse the gruops in mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
first of all i would like congratulate team mybb and all community members for the wonderful software mybb and nice support from community .
friends i have installed mybb121 on my local lan. i am testing the features, i would like to know how to use groups in mybb. i found them on usercontrol panel. could any one explain
1.what are the benifits if a new user joins a group.
2.whether user can create their own groups.
1) It depends what the permissions of that group are. You can make it so they have access to hidden forums and other group related permissions.

2) No, you can only create a new group in the ACP. So you have control of new groups, not your users.
Hi,

In wiki i found: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Usergroups
Quote:Currently in MyBB, the "yes" permission overrides any "no" permission. This poses a problem if you explicitly want to disable a certain permission for a usergroup if users in that usergroup are in another usergroup with "yes" permissions for the same permission.

I have got a problem with this.
In my myBB forum, "registred user" have more restrictions (some forum are hide) but i want to put some users in a secondary group (with "user CP") where they can see all forums, but for me the users doesn't see the forums... "No" permission seem overrides the "yes" permission.

Can i fix it ? It is normal ?
What version are you running?
Christian Wrote:What version are you running?

I installed a new one on an other web server, this work correctly.
I'll try to install mine again.
Group permissions have been dodgy in 1.2.x
DennisTT Wrote:Group permissions have been dodgy in 1.2.x
It is impossible to fix it ?Sad
Yes, it's perfect ! But why it is not include with the initial archive ?
Because it was a bug that was identified and will be fixed in the next version(1.2.2). Smile
Pages: 1 2