MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal For MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
M1.1 final is out Big Grin
Congratulations to both MKPortal and MyBB teams! Cool  Two great products working together, what more could you ask for, right?
Just want to let you know that MKPortal 1.1 final version has just been released with an added support for MyBB. Please read this Announcement. To see the working demo of the MKPortal/MyBB integration, visit this Site.

We are proud to have your forum included as one of our supported boards. Many users liked it and have requested it so meo decided to go for it and included it for the final release.

The download area is linked to the Announcement.

See you there.

regards,
theMoonPrincess
Another Freak Admin at Mkportal.it Toungue
Just a few questions

1. If we use MKPortal does that mean we cant get support from MyBB for issues that may pertain to MyBB directly?

2. Has anyone here yet added MKPortal to their site? If so please do tell how it went

3. If we don't like MKPortal, can we go back to the original MyBB

4. If I add MKPortal, will it use the same skin as my forum?

Thank You
hemi Wrote:Just a few questions

1. If we use MKPortal does that mean we cant get support from MyBB for issues that may pertain to MyBB directly?

You can, so long as the issue pertains to MyBB only. Mkportal issues should be reported to MkPortal.

Quote:2. Has anyone here yet added MKPortal to their site? If so please do tell how it went

We did it back when we ran 1.1.8, it went fine, a few little mods and it works perfectly on 1.2.1. http://www.mybb-templates.com/

Quote:3. If we don't like MKPortal, can we go back to the original MyBB

The way it's done, there is a small modification to the MyBB Core Files (If I remember correctly), so it should be easy to revert.

Quote:4. If I add MKPortal, will it use the same skin as my forum?

No, it has it's own skinning system.
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:

hi !

sorry but yes. you can use same skin for forum and mkportal.

in admin to mkportal, you can select, for skin, "default" or "forum" Toungue
Very good then Ryan and thank you for answering those questions.

If I may ask another however Toungue

In regards to the skinning. Does MyBB then integrate into MKPortal and adopt that skinning system? Or does the MyBB skin stand alone and you have to skin both the forum and then seperatly the Portal? Or am I wrong all togather Toungue

jaja Wrote:
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:

hi !

sorry but yes. you can use same skin for forum and mkportal.

in admin to mkportal, you can select, for skin, "default" or "forum" Toungue

You posted while I was typing Big Grin Thanks for answering that question also jaja.

Another question, will plugins work?
Not likely, since MkPortal isn't coded for MyBB's Plugins.
So would you suggest turning off all my plug-ins then before I upgrade?

Also, how many extra tables does mk add to my database?
Doesn't it use a default MyBB package though? 0.o
If so they will work on the forum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5