MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need query info please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I want all my members to receive a email when they get a private message. Is there a query I can run for this?

Thanks!
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `pmnotify` = '1'; 
But that's really not something you *should* change, as it's a personal user preference. Not all users will want an email every time they get a PM.

You should just leave it as a user choice as it is now, in my opinion.
You can't do that. You cannot force an email on someone without them opting to receive the email. If you do that your effectively spamming the user, which is illegal.
I really don't think that it's spam if they are part of my forum. It's not like I am sending more than 2 emails per day.
(2013-05-03, 08:47 AM)dj83 Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't think that it's spam if they are part of my forum. It's not like I am sending more than 2 emails per day.

I can assure you, that it is spam. It doesn't matter who your sending the email to, even if it's your mother, it's still spam. A user should only EVER receive an email from someone if they "opt in" to receive an email.

If one of your users receive a random email from you, they have the right to report it to your host as spam.
I am not even going to get started on this subject....
I was just asking for help and that's all.
In other words you don't care about the privacy of your users, you just want to do this regardless of laws etc... ?

I'm just pointing out that this is illegal. Do some research on it yourself. Respect your users, don't force something on them.
whatever....