MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Force Logout/Expire Old Cookies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently made some changes to the cookie settings and have noticed that it requires all of my users to delete their old cookies.

Is there a script that can be used to automatically remove their old cookies or replace it with the new one? At the moment, if you do not delete your old cookie, it keeps you stuck on logged in (logout button redirects you but doesn't actually log you out).

Thanks in advance

Edit: Would anything from here be of use? http://userscripts.org/topics/20571
Clean the database? mybb_cache
(2013-05-02, 09:55 PM)Master Mind Wrote: [ -> ]Clean the database? mybb_cache

That's entirely different than browser cache, which I assume you're thinking of.

But as for the OP's question, I don't have an answer myself.
(2013-05-02, 09:55 PM)Master Mind Wrote: [ -> ]Clean the database? mybb_cache

I've already tried clearing mybb_sessions, it doesn't help. I need some way to force a logout or expire the user's cookie. Unfortunately, MyBB sets cookies for one full year so the problem won't fix itself anytime soon.

I've tried also adding a prefix to the cookie (in an attempt to rename the cookie and deem the old one useless) but it didn't work. I guess what I'm looking for at this point is a script that will eat their old cookie.