MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thoughts on this Wordpress Plugin to Merge/Bridge MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I found a plugin today that claims to bridge some of the two best worlds of CMS and Forums.. MyBB and Wordpress.
http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/zingiri-forum
Anyhow this Zingiri forum plugin has tons of downloads but mixed reviews and no screenshots and is lacking excellent documentation.

Has anyone had experience with this plugin and if so please share, thank you!
Have not used this before, but I read some posts around that it does not work.
Apparently it installs a new MyBB for you [in their plugin package mybb 1608 is included, with a little tweak on the login link, no index.php].
For me it didn't work as expected. The installed forum can be found on /forum path, however, I couldn't login at all.
Thank you guys... so verdict is it doesn't work.
I was wondering if it installed it's own mybb or not because the plugin page talks about core edits....
that's really disappointing.
I'd rather have a plugin that hacks the crap out of Wordpress than MyBB to abridge the two.
Single signon is UBER pain....
might take this to elance if I raise the cash to get a working solution developed.
work wired...depend from hosting...I try but the problem is the template, the forum appear like an iframe
(2013-05-03, 08:53 PM)caygri Wrote: [ -> ]work wired...depend from hosting...I try but the problem is the template, the forum appear like an iframe

Jezz, yea that's really too bad. Any plugin that installs a whole other software and therefor becomes un-upgrade-able for hotfixes and what not is a bad idea. He should have release a MyBB plugin that made the changes needed to work with his Wordpress plugin.
In any event I won't use it because I already have established MyBB forums that require many MyBB plugins... so going with this guys Wordpress/MyBB hybrid installer won't work for me. Sad
I am not sure what you need to do but to merge Wordpress with Mybb is pretty simple and straitforvard.
I just made some test site to show is this what you need
There is forum link and it is all stored under same domain.
If you need help i will be glad to.Cool
Simple and straightforward? I'd like to see that typed out how if you don't mind.
(2013-05-06, 09:32 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]Simple and straightforward? I'd like to see that typed out how if you don't mind.

Ok first you go to your server with your ftp client.
Go to /public_html or whatever is the main folder where your Wordpress installation is.
Then make there new folder and name it "forum", so you will have four folders in total in the root of "public_html":
forum
wp-admin
wp-content
wp-includes

Now ftp your Mybb to "forum" folder and install it - follow installation instructions that came zipped with your download.
You will need NEW database for your Mybb installation. (you do not want to make your life miserable when it came to upgrade either Wordpress or Mybb, and it is safer and easier for backups and eventually to fix corruptions in separated databases.
you just need to be careful with paths for cookies, Mybb will enter paths correctly if you provide correct data for your site installation.
On my test site it goes like this:
Homepage: http://sasha.site90.net
Cookie Domain: .sasha.site90.net (this is your site domain,just add (dot)at the beginning (no http://www)
Cookie Path: /forum/ (it is the "forum" folder in your domain so if you change the name of this folder you must change it here too, and do not forget forward slashes)
Now only thing that you need to do is to connect Wordpress with your forum so go to wordpress dashboard and make new menu item and link it to index.php of your Mybb installation.
In test site example it is: http://sasha.site90.net/forum/index.php
And you have your Wordpress-Mybb installation on same domain easy to maintain.CoolShy
^ Thanks. most of the users should be able to install WordPress & MyBB on the same domain.

however original poster here and other users are interested in having single sign in for WordPress & MyBB.
that is, they do not want different log in systems for the forum & the blog.
Pages: 1 2 3