MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: custom sidebar latest threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MikeInToshx

Hi guys,

I have a custom sidebar, I know how to style it BUT,

I would like to show when administrators/moderators are online,
the latest threads, and forum stats.

How do I display that in my sidebar?

Thanks.
I hate to tout my own wares here but you are describing a lot of what my plugin ASB does . . . if you are against using a plugin then you'd have to do patches or a core mod to show when staff are online.

Anyway, just saying-- link in my sig [Image: angel.gif]

MikeInToshx

Thats one awsome plugin u got there !

I instantly deleted my custom code, and installed your plugin. Normaly i'm against a plugin but, it seems theres some decent controles I can do myself, also it took over the style of my theme and thats why I was against a plugin in the first place.

I do have 2 questions at the moment:
- how can I make the sidebar a bit wider?
- Some things are in Dutch, some in English, is there a language pack available for Dutch?

Nevermind the first question, I found that one.

MikeInToshx

(2013-05-04, 03:14 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I hate to tout my own wares here but you are describing a lot of what my plugin ASB does . . . if you are against using a plugin then you'd have to do patches or a core mod to show when staff are online.

Anyway, just saying-- link in my sig [Image: angel.gif]

Hey man, is it possible to add google ads in the sidebar?
If yes, How?
You can put any HTML you want (ads whatever) in side boxes. Go to the 'Custom' tab and create a new static box, then go to the main side box management screen and it will appear in the custom toolbox column-- just drag it to the position column you want and drop it . . . then you can set the settings like you would a built-in side box type.

MikeInToshx

Hey,

I tried that, but when adding a 250x250 picture ad,
it overlaps the box, and also, I may not title an ad.
leaving the title blank ( leaving just a blue bar ) is just not watchable..

Here a link if u want to look:
[deleted]

Maybe there is a way i can make a custom div between the plugin boxes?
If it overlaps the box, make the sidebar wider in settings. So that would be 260px if you want the ad to have some padding. And to delete the thead or whole table uncheck the "Wrap Content?" in the Custom Box and put the ad code without any <tr>/<td>.

MikeInToshx

(2013-05-07, 03:04 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]If it overlaps the box, make the sidebar wider in settings. So that would be 260px if you want the ad to have some padding. And to delete the thead or whole table uncheck the "Wrap Content?" in the Custom Box and put the ad code without any <tr>/<td>.

Thanks, thats what I wanted Smile