MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYSQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I have a problem.
If I want to edit post a thread I get this image:
[Image: 15s0w1f.png]
(2011-02-26, 09:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The prefix column has been deleted from the threads table.

It looks like you have used an out of date plugin. Try disabling any plugins you recently added.
I disabled all plugins. But it is still occurring.
Have you upgraded your forums from 1.4? That column was added in MyBB 1.6.
(2013-05-06, 12:13 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Have you upgraded your forums from 1.4? That column was added in MyBB 1.6.

I was on the version prior to 1.6 I pressed check for updates and it said that I needed to install an upgrade. After installing the update I can't post. I will reinstall the forums if needed but I would like to keep current posts, groups, and users. Is there a tutorial on this? Thanks, Cookieman768
Did you run the upgrade script or just upload the files?
@cookieman768
you may go to your phpMyAdmin and run this query (in SQL tab)
ALTER TABLE mybb_threads ADD prefix SMALLINT(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER subject

It may help with this error, but you may get another (possible next) one in different area,
because if you have 'missing stuff' in your database then probably there can be more.
Therefore, if you will get other errors, it would be good if you use upgrade script as Nathan suggested.
I will try that, thanks and yes I did execute the upgrade script in the install folder. Would running it again fix issues?

Edit: Worked perfectly I gave you +1 rep, people like you make this community a great place. Nice job Smile
It should if you select the correct MyBB version and all the files are uploaded correctly. Smile