MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I just stumbled upon this forum http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/ and it looks good. Can someone tell me if its MyBB? Although, its clear that they've done a lot of modifications.

P.S: I'm sorry if this the wrong forum.
No, it is not MyBB.
Looks like phpBB.
(2013-05-05, 06:07 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]No, it is not MyBB.

Wow! OK. I got a silly question though. Which forum would MyBB devs like to show off if they were to showcase one and only MyBB forum?
(2013-05-05, 06:14 AM)chinmoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-05, 06:07 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]No, it is not MyBB.

Wow! OK. I got a silly question though. Which forum would MyBB devs like to show off if they were to showcase one and only MyBB forum?
That's not really fair. The look of your forum is only limited by your design capabilities.

MyBB itself is just a software that provides forum capabilities. When looking at style, that's almost entirely a matter of design.
> Which forum would MyBB devs like to show off ...

I don't know if they have one, it is subjective, some like strong attractive colors, some like to stay longer and need something less intense, some prefer high contrast; or dark theme with low contrast.

There is a Showcase forum, and there is one in Archive.
You can sort threads by number of views, stars, comments.

Mods site has themes, see -> 10 most popular or 10 top rated; (it would be nice to see them All sorted, like threads are.)
(2013-05-05, 06:12 AM)Geret Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like phpBB.

Judging by the URL, (http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/index....e920187cf5) - It's IP.Board.

You are able to pick up on this stuff when you've used the software a bit Toungue
It is IPB 3.4.x...

I think it would be cool to ID a few MyBB boards as the cream of the crop! It would show what you can really do with the software!
(2013-05-05, 06:49 AM)HermXIV Wrote: [ -> ]That's not really fair. The look of your forum is only limited by your design capabilities.

MyBB itself is just a software that provides forum capabilities. When looking at style, that's almost entirely a matter of design.

Yup...I know and I wasn't talking about showcasing in term of design. Sorry if I wasn't more clear. Smile

(2013-05-05, 12:09 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would be cool to ID a few MyBB boards as the cream of the crop! It would show what you can really do with the software!

Exactly. This is what I meant. It would be really interesting to see how far MyBB can be taken with some serious modification work.
Whatever it is, it's horrible.
Pages: 1 2