MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When you think facebook will die ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
It is going to be around for a while. My space is still around.
Instagram was never going to replace Facebook, come on. Unless you guys have something compelling to say you can stop ringing the death bell.
Only thing I ever used facebook for is photo storage, most people I know have facebook and use, either rarely or always, but they use it. So it's convenient for when I'm on holidays.
Other than that, I don't really care.
(2013-05-14, 01:58 AM)Xanth Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=p...ybb&cmpt=q

phpbb & MyBB

facebook is the real devil sucking all the users Huh Angry
I don't think forums are losing users to Facebook, but new people coming onto the internet are not looking at forums at all.
(2013-05-05, 06:04 PM)Johnny S Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing is eternal, same thing applies for FB, it won't "die" in next 5 years, but if something new and innovative popups up in upcoming years it can get into decline period. Great example are IM clients (ICQ, AOL, Yahoo, ...) - on to of the peak they where "in" and the amount of (active) users made them the FB of their time.

As the time passed some new services started to incorporate instant messaging options and the need for IM clients (download / install / use) just faded with time.

As for FB it's a backed by investors and deep budget along with strong public relations (large media advertisements, partnership with other corporations in various areas...) + the way of life is changing over last 10 years (everything that you do in real life can be shared via few clicks with your friends / family / relatives) it just involves less real social interaction.FB is just taking advantage of that and giving you the service that you need in that time.

This, and even for programmers, the API and applications for Facebook is pretty huge.
(2013-05-05, 09:19 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't matter if people are bored of it. Facebook is not longer about excitement – it's a near-indispensable utility for communicating on the net.

And I disagree with that. I almost never use FB and I'm using it less and less actually.

But I don't think it will die like Myspace mainly because it's a public traded company with so much infrastructure that it's too big to fail now. I do think it will become a crappier and crappier service though.
(2013-05-17, 09:02 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-05, 09:19 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't matter if people are bored of it. Facebook is not longer about excitement – it's a near-indispensable utility for communicating on the net.

And I disagree with that. I almost never use FB and I'm using it less and less actually.

Anecdotal. Facebook has a billion monthly active users. It is monumentally more important than any other social network ever was.

I don't think it's too big to fail though – nothing is. It's totally possible Google+ could eventually supplant it, though not with the path they're on.
Funny how we used to socialize face to face and it had meaning.....now its reduced to crappy posts via facebook and totally empty. sad days indeed.
(2013-05-17, 04:33 PM)Chris Seman Wrote: [ -> ]Funny how we used to socialize face to face and it had meaning.....now its reduced to crappy posts via facebook and totally empty. sad days indeed.

Facebook replaced the phone, email, and IM. Are there people who seriously think that society has shifted from in-person meetings to Facebook?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5