MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to reset a User's password for him/her?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've a situation to where my gmail is no longer working for forum mail so I'm using PHP mail... well one of my primary users can't reset his password as well as others are reporting issues to.
He says when he is given the new password that it doesn't work.
Another person says that when he entered his password wrong a few times that he was given a captcha request but no captcha image to give an answer to.

So this is a 2 issue question.
Issue one and primary issue is how do I manually reset a password for a user and give it to them?
EG if I can make it manually and enter it via MySQL so long as there's a MyBB raw password hasher I could use that would be great... if not how else can I do this for him?

and issue two.
Why does the captcha image not show?

Thank you!
No idea on the captcha, but this is the query

UPDATE mybb_users SET salt = '', password = md5('mypassword') WHERE uid = x;

Replace mypassword with the pass you want to give.
But easier than running a MySQL query would probably be to just edit the user in the Admin CP. There you can provide a new password for the user, and you can just email it to them at their email it to them.

Captcha image not showing may have been a user ended error, I've never heard of that happening. Unless the entire captcha entry tool didn't appear, not just the image.
(2013-05-05, 09:30 PM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]Why does the captcha image not show?

I've the same problem recently, I think it's related to some plugin but can't find out which. Could you try if it works after you disable all plugins in settings? It does for me. If it also does for you, please send me the list of plugins you have installed/activated.