MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb + Google Adsense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MikeInToshx

Hi guys,

What are the best places ( and is it possible ) to put google adsense links / blocks in? I'm kinda new to ads on forums.

Also, Where should I put in the code from the google ads, and will it mess something up? I mean, is it compatible ?

One thing I don't want it to be is between posts. Ive seen it on some forums, and that is quite anoying/ ugly.

Thanks.
usually we add Google Adsense in header template and footer template
use code in a div element like <div id = "adsense_header">adsense code</div> and <div id = "adsense_footer">adsense code</div>
You could add them in the header and footer with the code above. And have people buy premium or donate in order to get rid of them.

MikeInToshx

I find it hard to find a place on my forum for ads, that doesn't make the design look awfull.

Where excactly should I place that code in my header and footer?

I probably want to place links in this place: ( on every page )

[attachment=29215]

And here some text blocks / links :

[attachment=29216]
Hi, in index page you add:

<div align="center">
**ads**
</div>

in:

- just below: {$header}
- just just above: {$footer}
for first one - header template - just above <navigation>
for second one - footer template - at the top - just after <br />

MikeInToshx

Okay done,
I hope when the ads show up that it looks good,

Thanks for the help guys!

I ran into a new "problem",

When floating my ad to the left ( so it looks better ) the "Computerhelp Forum" text got in the way, but i dont need it, how do i remove that?

Also, there is some shadow underneith the black navigation bar, how can i remove/edit this so it doesnt effect my ad's white background?

Nevermind, found the first question I asked.
What about the black shadow effect? where do I edit or remove that?
i am still having same problem with my forum
i have applied adsense code on my forum but i can not see them more, i have still my account active, but i cant understand that issue.
(2013-05-06, 11:49 AM)niere8 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, in index page you add:

<div align="center">
**ads**
</div>

in:

- just below: {$header}
- just just above: {$footer}

Works GREAT!  Thanks for taking the time to post this up  Heart