MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this should be posted here but its the closest forum topic that i saw that was related to my problem.

I dowloaded the latest release of myBB, unzipped, and uploaded everything in the "upload" folder to "/forum/" in my directory. I used filezille ftp. With filezilla i modified the CHMOD value to those files specified in the readme. I also changed the name of the file needed to be changed. The service i am currently using is atspace.com.

I headed to "./forum/install/" to begin installation and i successfully see the first screen to installation. But when i click on the "Next" button to proceed to 2nd page which is the terms and use, i get a 404 error that sends me to the hosting service 404.
Have you made sure that you have uploaded all of the files? Try installing it one more time, and if you get the 404 problem then contact your host since they may have a file blocked or some other type of restriction on your hosting account.