MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prefix Sorting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I apologize if this has been suggested before. I did a quick search and I didn't see anything similar.

I recently stumbled upon prefixes (because I'm oblivious to the numerous functions of software sometimes) and I thought it would be a great idea to use them. I post my photography, poetry, etc. in a forum and it would be nice to organize them. From a forum I used to visit, the management made the prefixes (or perhaps the post icons; I can't remember which) clickable links that, when opened, brought the member to a listing of all the threads with that prefix in that forum. In other words, it sorted out all the other threads so you could look at just the threads with that prefix.

I was attempting to do this by linking to a search, but the link for the search just spurted out that one-time search; it didn't include any newer threads with the prefix. Perhaps there is a way to do it that I don't see (as I'm not very proficient with PHP), but I thought I would make the suggestion here. :3
It is actually possible to get this functionality now using XThreads, but I agree it would be great to have this in the core. I have no idea how much work it would be though.
I too would love to see this added. It's also not all that much work to add it either (I've done it on a test board of mine).