MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You MyBB And All Who Make It Possible...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a sad goodbye from a satisfied MyBB user. MyBB got my forum off the ground and and continues to serve me, but within a few days I'll be transitioning to a paid software for reasons that have nothing to do with MyBB not being a great software. My forum is about to undergo some dramatic changes and although it was a hard decision, I have chosen another software to take me into the next phase.

Please do not let this thread be a ford vs chevy thread, my sole purpose here is to say THANKS to MyBB staff and developers past and present. I really mean that from the bottom of my heart I will always have a debt of gratitude for all of you that made, and continue to make MyBB at least IMO, EASILY the best open source forum software available.

I would like to single out some individuals that helped me out directly to varying degrees:

Matt Rogowski
Eaun T
Nathan Malcolm
Fabio Maia
Paul H
Yaldaram

Last but especially not least:

Ranjani (sure wish I knew what happened to her she was a huge help)
leefish (a classy lady without whose invaluable help I would have pulled my hair out many times over)

If I have left anyone out please forgive the oversight.

Thank you MyBB for all you have done for me and my members and all you are doing to keep MyBB the best free forum software available.

Heart
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the kind remark; I must have remembered to be on my better behavior around you Big Grin

I did sort of expect to hear an announcement like this from you at some point; I think MyBB is a great software but sometimes you just need to get a software that can deliver specifics that MyBB just doesn't offer as yet.

May I ask which software you are moving to?
Hi Kevin, sad to see you going but it happens at some point. Very best wishes to you from me. Smile
Lee, I went with XF.
Smile
Good choice - I hoped you would, and as I said a while ago, if it had not been for court case I would have said GO WITH XF right away. But since that got cleared up, it is a great choice.

Are you going with the resources module?
I'm not sure Lee. I'm letting Mike Cruezer handle everything. Feel free to contact him regarding my site, as you may have an interest in following the procedures etc., and contact me anytime also if you have questions. Not sure you're considering it at some future point but if so I'll gladly share my experiences with you if it will help.
Thanks Kevin, but I won't be leaving MyBB - Xenforo is too rich for my blood (and too heavy on my little server corner) Big Grin

I dont mind paying for it in the first instance, but all these yearly fees mount up and I don't monetise my site in anyway. I just thought the resources module would interest you as that does seem to offer the possibility for members to sell from it - like a mini store.
Oh my! I didn't mean to suggest you might ever leave mybb! You took my comment very wrong.