MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2.0 needs to be more modular
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like the base forum without plugins should be the bare minimum needed to run a forum and almost everything else should be a plugin. Ofcourse I am not saying that mybb is bloated or has too many features, and a default mybb installation would come with most these plugins already installed and activated.

But this would allow people to get EXACTLY what they need with no extra stuff. It also might make it easier to maintain an update the forum. And by that I mean if each base plugin does what it is supposed to, there is no need to worry about it interfering with the rest of the forum.

I'm the kind of guy who always wants more features and has like a million plugins installed but not everyone wants that. I'm sure for a lot of you there is atleast one forum features you don't use in the slightest.
2.0 will be MVC based. Controllers, modals, and views can be removed or added easily, one of the reasons we chose such a design. Smile