MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subforums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys please help me each of my category has a lot of forums and that makes my index page very long I tried to use Subforums to show on Index listing option but it doesn't work could you please help me how to set each category to display like 2 or 3 subforums on the home page please.
Check my forum please.
http://letsforum.com
Those aren't sub forums, they're forums within categories, you can't hide them.

But you shouldn't make that many forums anyway, the general rule is approximately 20 forum sections max.

You've gone way beyond that and majority of your forum sections aren't worthy of being dedicated forums. A lot of those should only be created as threads.

You should start your forum with general forum subjects that cover topics more in general and decrease the amount of sections. All of that will discourage guests from your board because they see a lot of empty areas and will generate more work for yourself because you have to constantly create the content by posting and inspiring discussions. The more sections you have, the more you have to work.

All those video game ones can be reduced to ONE "Gaming" forum. All those "Favorite" ones can be reduced to just "Hobbies". General forums is a tough enough niche as it is, it's nearly impossible to start a successful one these days. And dividing into such a huge board that probably is more suited for hundreds of thousands of visitors is just making it worse.

Build one that caters to a small community, because that's exactly what it is when it's starting out. There are huge forums like that out there, but you can't copy their structure since you don't have the same user activity.
Hi thanks you very much for your help could you please please suggest best categories for my forum like as you have said general... PLease