MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a few suggestions for mybb 2.0

First one: thread sorter: just like when you are sorting the forms you can also sort threads inside them.

second one: Built in plugin and theme installer: For some new people so they can install themes and plugins easy.

third one: Some more animations: just some more animations now it's a bit blocky if you know what a mean

fourth one: Pre Install this mod http://mods.mybb.com/view/recent-threads-forum-sidebar : it's a very nice mod so you can easy see the new posts/threads

fifth one: An alerts thing so you can see if someone has replied in a thread that you follow
nobody Sad
I agree with all these and think that they'll all be important to the success of MyBB 2.0. Alerts and recent threads should definitely be core, since they can encourage interaction in the forum and help keep a community posting.

I definitely agree with a plugin installer -- though there was a debate a while back about how this would actually be implemented and work, since some authors pack their plugin files differently.

Animation in the right spots will also be great, and I agree that it's rather blocky right now. MyBB 1.8 might even resolve some of this with the move to jQuery, since it's so easy to animate things with it.
(2013-05-12, 03:21 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I definitely agree with a plugin installer -- though there was a debate a while back about how this would actually be implemented and work, since some authors pack their plugin files differently.

Integrate something like Plugin Uploader. I've only ever had two plugins not install with it (PluginLibrary and NewPoints plugins) and that is because PL has two files in inc/plugins, and NewPoints plugins are placed in a different directory which Plugin Uploader isn't built for. Most authors don't include a sample plugin, and many plugins don't have their own sub-plugins in other folders.
I'd personally be in support of a standardized plugin packaging structure (the way most authors do it -- like the root structure).

PU is nice, but it has its limitations.
(2013-05-12, 03:21 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]though there was a debate a while back about how this would actually be implemented and work, since some authors pack their plugin files differently.

All plugins will be self contained within their own folder for 2.0 which would make an ACP upload possible.
(2013-05-13, 08:11 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-12, 03:21 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]though there was a debate a while back about how this would actually be implemented and work, since some authors pack their plugin files differently.

All plugins will be self contained within their own folder for 2.0 which would make an ACP upload possible.

True, I forgot about that.
thank you all for the support Smile
I'm against the alerts system because it can already notify you by pm or email if you get a reply to your thread.
Only if you subscribe. And what about if you like this thread, and my post gets quoted? Or someone adds me to their buddies? Alerts is more than just replies to the OP. imho ditch subscriptions, and allow Bookmarking of threads and an alerts system.
Pages: 1 2