MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Limiting number of replies edited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Users are penalised after breaking forum rules, and sometimes they get upset and try to delete or edit all their replies, to disrupt the forum.

Is there any plugin to limit the number of editions they can do in a period of time?

Or a quick way to restore the initial version of the reply? I use the Edit History Log (1.2.2).

thanks
Eco
simply why not limit editing time for the posts (can be 180 minutes)
(2013-05-10, 06:09 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]simply why not limit editing time for the posts (can be 180 minutes)

because most of times user can edit justifiably. Just a few users that do not comply to thye rules that are causing the problems.
Isn't "can edit own posts" a group permission? You could put troublemakers into a group with editing disabled.
(2013-05-10, 08:15 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't "can edit own posts" a group permission? You could put troublemakers into a group with editing disabled.

Sure, I do that, but it would be too late until I find that someone is a troublemaker and has deleted all his old posts. I have the history table from edit history plugin, but I wouldn't know how to create a sql to retrieve all the edited posts :/
So if they have a warning you move them into the group.
Hi Lee, the problem is, sometimes the user isn't seen as a problem until he edits all his content...